Power Buttons... (silly things)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk

Baseband Member
It's always the little things that getcha, isn't it?

Last night I finally put my first computer together. Everything seemed to go in the box without a problem, and when I flicked that PSU switch a little green light lit up on the motherboard. BUT, when I pushed the power button, nothing happened. :( I'm using an older case that I've repainted and made to look cool, and the powerbutton leads were all consolidated into a plastic block. When I plugged the block into the motherboard - and it would only go on one way - obviously the leads weren't lining up right. : / So I tore the power button clicker thing out of a newer cheap case I had around and installed it, but all it does is turn the computer on or force it off - there's no LED or anything because that's all part of the old plug. What it all comes down to, is there any way to purchase just the little switch and LED?

Also, the power button itself on this case itself is sticky and I've never liked it. So in the BIOS I set it so that I could turn the computer on with the keyboard. I've yet to get this to work though. Is there a certain button I need to press? Right now I have the keyboard hooked up through a KVM switch too, and was wondering if that had anything to do with it.

Other than that though this thing screams. :D I'll put up some pics and stuff later. Thanks in advance for any advice.

F12 is resume from hibernation on my pc - not sure if that helps u?? - I have just finished my first build aswell - waiting for AGP card then ready to go/explode !!!

Thanks, I tried that but I think the KVM switch it's on is lousing it up. Ah well. I'm working on just trying to tap the power button really lightly - as long as it comes on everything is ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom