Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=DFOX=-

Baseband Member
Im building my first system, looking at 420 watt power, are they all basically the same? how about a few decent names to look at? Thanks guys, this board is a big help, god save the noobs!!

No, there's quality of a certain manufacturer and the actual voltage rails that determine a good PSU. The wattage alone isn't enoug to determine if that's all you need. You also have to look at the +12v, +5v, and +3.3v rails to see if they are adequate for your power needs. Generally the one you need to mainly look at is the +12v. Try and get a PSU with a 18a rated +12v rail. That'll ensure enough power for your CPU, components, fans and additional fans or anything of that nature in the future.

Thermaltake
Ultra
Antec

I believe are some of the best PSU's available. Those are the first that pop into my mind so perhaps someone else can give you more manufacturers to choose from.

ok? You shouldn't be coming in contact with any electrical discharge points within your PSU in the first place.

hey, i got electrocuted in school today...it was pretty cool

my knuckle touched an open light socket and i felt weird, but of course it didnt kill me

was weird tho, kinda hurt in a way, but it scared the s*** outta me (scuse me for the language)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom