Posting my possible new comp and 1 question !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337 n00beh

Baseband Member
First my question :-
Please name me a cpu with enuf power to hold my latest rig (i been told it needs at least 480 watts) and with 24 pins ! And it has to be affordable but stable

Now the stats of my next comp:-
Graphics Card
Sparkle GF 6600GT 128MB DDR PCI-E DVI & TV Out Retail

Headset
Sharkoon Gamers Stereo Headset with Microphone

Floppy Disk Drive
Mitsumi Black 1.44MB 3.5" FDD

Hard Drive
200 GB Western Digital Caviar SATA UDMA150 7200rpm 8MB cache (JD)

Motherboard
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR SKT939 - Retail Box

Processor
AMD (Venice) Athlon 64 3500+ 939pin 512Kb L2 Cache 90nm Retail Boxed Processor With 3 Year Warranty and Fan Included.

Ram
OCZ EL Dual Channel Kit 2x512MB DDR400 PC3200 CL 2-3-2-6 (LIFETIME WARRANTY) (OCZ4001024ELDC-K)

DVD-RW
Aopen Chameleon 16x DVD R/RW Dual Layer Internal IDE Retail inc 3 colour bezels

Monitor
MaxView FH776 17" CRT 0.28dpi 1280x1024 Beige

Mouse
Newmen Red Usb 3d Crystal Optical Mouse With Red Led

Keyboard
Tension TSK-108B Black/Silver Slim Keyboard

I would get a 3200+ instead of the 3500+ (it has the same core, but different stock speeds) and save the $70 for something else, like G.Skill RAM - although OCZ RAM is still really good, so maybe for a better PSU

some good PSU's are:
OCZ 450W and 520W (the 520W is often called Modstream)
Antec Neopower 480W
Cooler Master Real Power 450W or 550W
Thermaltake 480W, 560W or Butterfly 480W

you can actually get the Ultra-D version of the motherboard, and mod it to an SLI version, using a dab of solder, or a pencil, or something conductive

and use the DFI board's onboard 7.1 sound card

Sparkle Power I believe is the company that makes the card. Yea, thats like Walmart putting out there own video card. IT"S CRAP!!! Do not get it. Do like Shawn said and get an eVGA. Leadtek's are also very good.

For memory, that is some good stuff. But if you are going to go with OCZ, I would say get the Platnium Rev. 2's, as they are very good.

Are you going to need sLI? I mean, are you going to use it at all? If not, get the non SLI version, it will shave some money right off of the cost.

overclocker1 said:
you should go with gigabyte, they have been good to me. (Especially when it comes to overclocking)

For your video card or mobo? I know their mobo's OC pretty well, but I dont know what can be said about their video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom