Post your GPU Core Temperature 6800gt vs 7800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
TipsySmile said:
hmmm

XFX 7800gt
Idle: 48*c

Load: 86*c :( have no clue why this one is so hot, last one barely broke 74*c under load. This is with Riva Tuner.

Proof that XFX is a bad brand anyone? anyone?

p0werslave said:
Proof that XFX is a bad brand anyone? anyone?

Nah dont bother me, IMO i could give two shits about what brand it is. Unless its some new company that doesnt have any background then I kinda worry. Its just like the eVGA 6600gt it replaced, **** thing is starting to die out on me with in 4 months of purchasing it, and thats with no overclocking what so ever. So im starting to think its time for a new case.

Thanks all....looks like the 7800 is vastly better engineered to run cooler than the 6800gt. Do they have monsterous noisey fans? My 6800gt fan is not noticible but probably because I have three case fans running + the heat sink and PSU. I did notice something. After kicking up my stock 6800gt from 350/1000 to 400/1100 my 3dmark5 went from 4969 to 5090. that is less than 1/2 0f 1% performance increase. What does that slightly higher score actually mean? Does the increased heat warrent the slight increase of 3dmark5????

anyone watercooling their 7800gt's? i also have watercooling but haven't installed my vga block yet cuz the stock hsf also cools off the rams. just wondering if it's required to cool off the ram of my 7800gt

Vram doesn't get hot...if you're really that worried then buy some vga RAMsinks. But no it's not required to cool the RAM...they don't get even the least bit hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom