Is it possible to overclock a Dell Optiplex Gx115?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan42

Beta member
I sort of don't understand overclocking (and might be considered a noob....) but i want to ask is it possible to overclock a Dell Optiplex Gx115 computer?
I go into Bios but it won't let be change the bus speed or anything.

actually there are some oc programs that you can use in windows... but i wouldnt recommend that.. cuz if you mess up.. your probably not gonna be able to turn your computer back on like if you did it in bios

NosBoost300 said:
actually there are some oc programs that you can use in windows... but i wouldnt recommend that.. cuz if you mess up.. your probably not gonna be able to turn your computer back on like if you did it in bios

I use one of these (ClockGen being my program of choice) because I hit a brick wall after around 2.1GHz OC'ing using BIOS alone. I've put the HTT/FSB up waaaaaaaaay too high just to see if it could handle it (even if it wasn't stable) and the comp. locked up and flashed an error screen and then turned off. Booted right back up no problem.

Also, when you reboot a comp that you OC'ed in Windows, it immediately wipes the OC when you turn off the PC.

However, I'm not sure if this program would work on a Dell.

I'm 99.99% sure you can't overclock that system using clockgen or a program like that. I definetly know you cannot overclock in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom