Is it possible to combine a PS2,XBOX,and a Gamecube in a gaming computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just get a huge case like mine and mod the case to fit all of the console components.

I have seriosly been debating in my head whether or not ot put my xbox in my pc. i have enough room, all i need is a bracket to hold the mobo in place. i would have to put it in right over the psu. I got plenty of room to work with in this case.

DSC02051.jpg

Cypher666 said:
Well not combine hardrives together because that will be almost not possible like you said.Plus I don't have hardly any experience yet. because they have different hardware.But this is what I was thinking of what you said

"Such as click a icon and play xbox, then minimize it, and start up internet explorer"

"You can however connect consoles to a computer. Then have those image's displayed on your monitor. When you connect a console to your computer, your running everything from the console"

Put it in more easyer terms like take the PS2 Hardware and program and run it on Windows XP.The computer will have a program that has a Icon that has the three gaming consoles PS2,XBOX and Gamecube.Since the PS2 and XBOX run off Cd/DVD drives that will be either two CD/DVD drives or just one that runs off PS2 and XBOX if possible.For the gamecube it will have its very own cd-drive that it came with.Anyways,you put in your game let's say PS2 GTA in the CD/DVD drive.Click the program with the Three load gaming console programs,click PS2 and it will start up,plug in your controller and start playing.

i dont see it happening for you, maybe if your train in computer engineering, or hell call me in 8-10 years, ill be done with my computer engineering school, and will build it for you

Yeah, like Tylerdude said. Give us a call in a few years and I'll also be done with Computer Engineering. Until then, if you're dead set on this idea and had enough money, you could go to a college like Michigan Technological University or MIT, find a young Computer Engineer, and pay him lots of money to figure this out for you... be sure you have a thick wallet though, because I'm sure other companies will be looking for him too.:)

I wrather create it,than pay for someone to do it for me.Well I wasent planning go to college.Im planning going in business Im about to own a business in a couple of mounths.Anyways enough of that.Yah you probley guys don't see me actually doing this but if I apply myself of course I can.Plus my dad is a computer engineer and security advisor he will teach me some things.

XTeam,if you plan to put your Xbox in your Computer can you like send pictures to me or post them because I want to see how you did it.Well I would like to know how you take a XBOX hardware and PS2 and make them work with a PC.

No... it kinda seems possible when you think about it, but then you have to realize you're dealing with totally different hardware for each system. I don't know how you'd begin to start... unless you used updated video graphics for each system and somehow configured them to run off of the same stuff. It'd be easier to wait until the emulators start working better.:p

How about you take the components of each system, rig them up to a switch board (attached to your tower in one of the 5.25") and you can turn the power to each system on or off (PC, PS2, Xbox, and GC) using one board. Then perhaps you could have another switchboard controlling which one has "rights" to the monitor at the time... wouldn't that work?(besides managing to put it all into a case)

Edit: If'n you were really.. dedicated to this, you could mod yourself a nice looking "female" controller socket for the front of your case... you'd have to have a hellova PSU though... that is if you don't want an extra three power cables running out of your pc...

Well can I have all the consoles hardware be connected to the same switch board and it turns on at the same time with the Computer.Then Just click like PS2 Icon and start playing and if you want to shut down the PS2>go to task bar and end task?Then go to the desktop,but the PS2 will be still runing like normal.

Cypher666 said:
Well can I have all the consoles hardware be connected to the same switch board and it turns on at the same time with the Computer.Then Just click like PS2 Icon and start playing and if you want to shut down the PS2>go to task bar and end task?Then go to the desktop,but the PS2 will be still runing like normal.
NOw that I'm not sure onwhat they are saying is if you had like 4 PSU's in a case all you would have to do is take out the drive bays of the consoles and build a little mount for a bay put it in there mount a switch and then you can turn your PC on and then turn oin the XBOX then have a switch to the compuer and all game systems to tell which one is using the monitor. GC XBOX PX OR PS2. but need One hughe case for that.

You made it sound alot easyer,so if I do this 4 PSU's and do what you said I would have switch to tell which game console is using the monitor.Well if there gonna be 4's switch's for each gaming console and computer.So If wanted to play the XboX,I turn that swithc on for that will that mean the computer will turn off or computer will be still be running.Can there be simple program where which game console has the rights to the monitor?

All you simply do is take apart each console. Then increase the length of the wire, which connects to the Power button of the console. Then get w/e power buttons you want for each console, then MOD them to your case, while you connect the original "Power Button" wire. Simply keep all the original power cord's too. Just connect them to an outlet, or a long wire connecting to the outlet. Thats a waste ot time and money getting all these useless PSU's and ideas. Extremely simple. This thread is kinda making me mad though. Its going in the direction of, i dident get the response i wanted. But i can do anything, with the help of my contributing assests. Then why even create this thread, if your well capable of it? Anyone else feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom