possible case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
double

hey guys, i have another mod in mind. this one is more on the budget side than tat money pit last years was. this is for quakecon 09!

i happen to have a large old ww2 footlocker in my room thats not being used. my idea was build the case into the bottom of it, flush mount it and make it beautiful, and have spots for everything to fit in. then in the lid part, have my monitor built it. the one i have is a few inches to small to fit in my 42lcd. all i have other than that is my 22 incher. last year i loved taking the big one. so im going to try to find a larger footlocker. going for the old worn look. anyone know where i could get one maybe?

also, i want everything to be eventually removable, ie the monitor not messed up. so how would i attach it? i was thinking either weld a bracket around it, or use like those thick nylon black tiedowns used on trailers, and make a frame around the edges using those. any ideas?

and input would be greatly appreciated!

top pic is top view
bottom two pics are side views
Untitled1.jpg

You know, I always had this general idea for a fun casemod too. Though mine involved having 2 halves of a keyboard folding down...no idea how I was gonna work that one.

Sounds pretty cool, can you post a photo of the locker so we can get a better visualization of what it might look like?

As far as the monitor goes, the tie downs aren't a bad idea, would just have to be careful with how much you crank them down.

scraped this idea. working on another. i would like to paint my saitek to match the mod, but i dont want to possibly mess it up. so i might go buy a really cheap keyboard to paint

Sounds like a good idea, but doubt it will be very... Ehh... Efficient? As far as I remember, foot lockers are quite large. I get the whole old & worn look, but something a little bit smaller would maybe be better. As for the whole internal setup, there is quite a bit of open room. Meh, just my $.02...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom