Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
As sig states, I'm OC'd to 3.0GHz... VID by coretemp is 1.225, Cpu-Z state Vcore as 1.16

BUT

Bios Vcore set at 1.20625........

Temps with 1 core folding is mid 30's to low 40's. Haven't really run prime for an extended time, but have never had an issue.

run orthos for a while on it. like 6 hours, and that will tell you if its stable or not. and it should be able to take up to 3ghz without changing the voltage much

yes, its possible.
setting in bios does not account for Vdroop, and some mobos you even have to over-volt in bios because of it. my mobo has a setting "load line calibration" that is supposed to correct for it (what you set is what you get), but i haven't really messed with it yet. mine drops from bios to cpuz about .04 volts, like yours.
IMO, you should run prime for awhile. or fold on all four cores for a few hours. just because problems are not obvious doesn't mean they aren't there. but then again, i am from the school that states no overclock is really valid without stability. benchmarks? yes. overclocks? no. just a matter of what you think.
by the way, nice chip you have. the VID on the dog i just sold was 1.30. "overclocks like a dream!" lol.

yeah, you should be able to take that thing up to 3.8 for almost 24/7 stability...

nagasama, my e2200 VID was 1.325 so no complaining..

i think you need to rephrase that a little.. hehe. but yeah, i sold it and i dunno the vid on my celeron.. lol. it isn't "core architecture" so core temp can't read it :(

Okay, yha i should beat it... If i run it over night and it fails, does it BSOD, or just program errors, or reboot?

I worry a BSOD screen siting for 8hrs damaging my puter.

it will probably just stop the instance of p95 that fails. usually bsods happen (for me anyways) when windows is trying to boot and it is unstable. on occasion it will reboot after a p95 failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom