popped my overclock cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
yours is socket 754 isn't it? That's why it'd be at 1600 by default...shouldn't be going above it though, not the system by default I mean

charles_scott said:
He meant 5 x 200 x 2 = 2000 which is the max you can have, 5 being the LTD, 200 being the FSB (HTT) and the 2 being what i cant remember >_< Anyways 5x200x2=2000 = 1000
4x250x2=2000 = 1000
3x300x2=1800 = 900 (Still Safe)
3x333x2=1998 = 999 (Highest safe FSB at 3x LTD)
3x334X2=2004 = 1002 (No longer safe lower the HTT down to 2x)

Is the HTT the same as "Memclock Index Value"? That is the only thing in my BIOS that gives me the option of choosing a value of 200. Right now I have it set at 166 Mhz (as suggested by an overclocker). If that is the same as HTT, with my LTD being x4, does that mean I can safely move it up to 250 Mhz?

Also...

What is "1T/2T DRAM Timing"? I have it set to "Auto" but was told I can change it to 2T but 1T will give me better performace.

Sigh, Memclock index value is the maximum speed of your memory, which is where your memory divider is. Look for something that would allow you to go anywheres from 200-400 in 1mhz jumps...... That is what you would want to raise, and with the LTD it would be safe at 4x till you hit 251 which you would need to drop it to 3x AND RAISE IT VERY SLOWLY, like 3-5mhz at a time and running prime for 10-30 min, if stable go up some, If you fail raise the Vcore very slightly and try, if you fail then i dunno ask nubius, he is the god......

Also leave the timing at 2T unless you can easily get it stable with 1T timings which MAY require more voltage to the RAM and some ram hates more voltage.....

Okay, I was confused about the HTT because in my BIOS it did not use that term. When I run CPU-z it shows my HTT being 240. The way I changed this value in my BIOS was changing a setting that only let me change a two digit number. Hence I have it set at 40 right now, giving me the HTT value of 240. My multiplier is fixed at 10 which gives me my core speed of 2400 Mhz. The original 200 that makes the HTT value 240 when I make those changes in BIOS--- is that what you all are talking about changing to 200 or 250? Because I still cannot find anywhere how to change the original "200" value.

charles_scott said:
Yea im guessing that is it.... What is your motherboard and bios version again? lol

Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939, BIOS version F5. Slowly but surely I am getting to where I want to be with this OC stuff. I found an article that really helps hold my hand...

http://forum.overclockersonline.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7974

Thanks to all of you for your continuing support. Here I thought I was going to master this overnight and quickly I was humbled!

Nubius or anyone else---

Do you know of a good resource for finding specific tidbits of information for OCing on certain motherboards? Mine especially :) I ask because neither my manual, nor does the website, nor did tech support when I called, give me any good information about the "Advanced Chipset Features" in BIOS.

nope, OC'ing is basic guidelines, and with that knowledge you're to choose the motherboard that can accomidate those options.

Gigabyte has never been a real OC'ing board so I'm sure your options will be limited or have different names opposed to a board like DFI or even MSI's

is it that bad to oc the htt? i had mine running at 270X5 for ages and it was completerly stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom