Plz educate me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrimReaper23 said:
Well my older brother built my computer and that what got me into computers but i asked him a few questions when I'm trying to figure out what i should get like noob question; like what's hyper-threading, and why is my 1.4 ghz Amd quicker then mom's boyfriends 2.8ghz Intel well he said that intel is not a better company then Amd and that his was a centrino intel is this true? Also i Asked him how much he spent for my whole rig. his reply was that it costed ~$700 with a 17' crt monitor and keyboard and speakers so can you tell me how he did this,
What it has is basically
1x 80gb seagate 7200 rpm hardrive
1x 4gb unknown (lol)
2x ~125 of ram
1x mobo atx form (unknown)
1x $60 case
1x 350 watt psu
1x Amd xp i believe 1.44ghz not oc'd
3x 80mm fans
with a ____ nvidia graphix card i knew that it came with a disk taht showed a chameleaon changing colors man i forgot but tommarow i'll take picks and see if you guys can tell what it is.
So why is it so quick, cheap,cold and not oc'd
If you can reply plz do ;) All new (Besides monitor $150)

? 700 US for that!!!! if it is us im not sure that is that great no grfx card and a realy bad cpu dam i could dp that with au $$$

btw the cpu will do you fine but that would have to be like a 2000 or 2200 when their up to 64 4000's srry to be a bad sport

If you dont have parts put on overnight shipping it can run that....
Right now i have my new 64bit system close to $700 and im still in need of good Ram and a good PSU.

I think he got stiffed....that's really expensive, but i guess it could depend on how old it it; you didn't mention that.
Your CPU is 1.44 ghz; but all the AMD's have slow gighetrz ratings, but their arctecture is so supurb that it compensates for it. So you're 1.44 ghz cpu could be, i dunno, i'm no so good w/ product #, maybe a AMD 2500(?). That translates into the compartive intel chip would be about 2.5 gighetrz, if my AMD guess is right. Which means a difference of only .3 gighetz, and now the fact that you're comp is faster than your mom's boyfriend's makes sense.
Another thing that could affect speed is software. My sister's 2.6 gighertz system loses to my 700 mhz system; both of ours are intel system. She has spyware on her comp, and that made our speeds comparable.
I like the 1x4gb of (unknown) i haven't got a clue what that could be.

Come on guys lets try to answer his questions! AMD is not better then Intel, vice versa. Its all about what your going to use your computer for. Then you decide what company works better. But what governs that? The architecture of the processor.

By this i mean, Intel processors work better for certain applications, while AMD works better for certain applications. Intel is IDEAL for Encoding and 3D Rendering. Those processors do a damn good job at those tasks. AMD is Ideal for gaming, very ideal.
So you have to built your computer around the tasks you'll be doing most.

Why are lower operating frequency AMD's faster then higher operating frequency Intels? Lets compare a AMD64 3200, witch runs at 2.2ghz 1600 HTT. To a Intel 3.0ghz 800mhz FSB. Now a big reason is because Intels have FSB, while AMD's dont. FSB=Front-side-bus. FSB are built in your motherboards (mobo's). So the processor talks with the FSB, witch lead to slight delays.
AMD on the other hand, has their FSB built into the processor. But AMD's dont have FSB for that reason. This results in more speed, and the term FSB is no longer used for AMD64, since they dont have one.

I guess you can compare Intels "FSB" to AMD64 "HTT". Whats faster, Intels 800mhz FSB or AMD64 1.6ghz-2.0ghz HTT? Of course the AMD by alot. Thats really why AMD work faster then Intel with lower operating frequences.

well thank you all but I got another question where do you guys get you're stuff from and why is it so cheap i mean think about it
700(started)-150(monitor)=550-~60(hdd)=490-~50(case)=440-~60(keyboard,mouse,speakers)=380-~125??(Processor)=465-~80(ram)=385-~85(mobo)=300-~150(grapix card)=150(final)

Does that seem right not including fans and etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom