Please Overlook! Final PC List

Status
Not open for further replies.
GageMW, the 6800 GT Lite is like the Radeon 9800 Atlantis (not rare). The 6800 GT Lite is found mostly on streets and some retailers carry it. However, it is made by mainstream mfrs. like Leadtek and a few others. Let me talk to my friend and see where he got his. He has his fully flashed to a GT and oced to 1300/415, at least that is what he told me unless he is bsin me. However, the card is a lite edition.

The vanilla edition is what I think you are talking about... it's performance isn't comparable to the 6800gt at all.

you mean like the 6800LEs on newegg? he's not saying it's comparible, but that it's same hardware, and when flashed to a regular GTs bios it preforms exactly the same and can OC to faster than an ultra just like a GT

trueorb, sorry for hijacking your thread, also, happy 200th post to me! :p lol, again, sorry for hijacking :D

The Lite Edition is a totally different card. I know what the Vanilla Edition is and that card is just crap. It is like a crippled 6800 LE which is already crippled. The Lite Edition is a 6800 GT that has a different BIOS that limits its speed to only 900/400. It is only available in 128 MB and is a 256-Bit card with GDDR3 memory like the 6600 GT. I have seen the 6800 Lite Edition. My friend has one, like I said earlier, and his runs great. He thought it was just a regular 6800, but he found out later that it was a 6800 GT in lower specs. Hold on, I think I'll go find the thread on AMD TechForums.

Okay.. I've seen it on newegg, just the vanilla basically but with GDDR3... And btw 900/400 is confusing, it's 400/900, core/memory.

Never heard of the "6800 GT Lite." :confused: Perhaps you are talking about the 6800 NU 256MB Gamer's Edition that can be soft modded to a 6800GT. But dont sacrifice your graphics. You will regret it later. You can always save up later for stuff like speakers and a printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom