Please Overlook! Final PC List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've switched to the 2-2-2-5 Corsair XMS RAM and the 6600 GT.
I just realized in addition to speakers I NEED a Cable/Ethernet modem PCI card (don't I?)
Recommendations plz! :D

I've switched to the 2-2-2-5 Corsair XMS RAM and the 6600 GT.
I just realized in addition to speakers I NEED a Cable/Ethernet modem PCI card (don't I?)
Recommendations plz!
Might I suggest this RAM:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-890&depa=1

They are currently top of the game. They bench better, take less voltage to achieve the same speeds thus running coolers, overclock better (not sure if you overclock or not but still that ensures good chip quality) and I'm sure if you read into an article comparing corsairs XMS and those you'll find that these platinum series rev2 will be superior.

Your motherboard will have onboard LAN so you don't to buy a network card unless you are talking about 56k modem then yeah I suppose you do need that unless you can just take out whatever one you are using currently.

Thanks Nubius, but I hope I can afford it. Can you recommend some good 5.1 speakers for under 60 bucks?

do not let go of those graphics... RAM is less important than graphics as long as you dont go for total crap RAM... trust me, graphics is gonna be more important to you, listen to me and UTOAST, if you drop anything go for a different case or something, dont sacrifice graphics for a small mem increase.

I am not sacrificing graphics for a small mem increase.
I am sacrificing graphics for a small mem increase, speakers, a printer, and a DVD-RW.
I'd like it, and I appreciate your input, but dude I just can't go over a certain price. :) It's just that if I save $160 from the card I can't afford it allows me to improve a lot of other areas.

If you guys don't want him to tune down the gpu. Then, get a GeForce 6800 GT "Lite". It runs at 900/400 which is down from 1000/x and has exactly the same features as the 6800 GT except for it being downclocked. You can oc the card to full 6800 GT specs or use a different bios to run it full GT specs. That is what my friend uses and his is oced after doing a bios to GT. The "Lite" is the exact same card as the regular GT except it has a diff bios. The "Lite" costs $275 where as the full GT costs $400. Your saving quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom