OK so I finally got my first custom rig and here are the specs:
Intel core2duo E7300
Gigabyte GA EP45 UD3L
MSI 9600GT OC(700, 900, 1680)
2*2gb OCZ Reaper HPC 6400
Cooler Master 500w PSU
DVD,HDD,etc.
Stock Cooler

I`ve already been able to overclock my cpu from 2.66ghz to 3.10ghz thanks to the x10 multiplier with the frequency at 310, a 1 hour test of OCCT says it`s stable, and the core temperature according to Core Temp and HWMonitor doesn`t go above 64 Celcius Degrees, now the thing is that I didn`t increase or decrease the core voltage at all, it`s still at 1.165 basically because I didn`t know if I was suppused to change it or not, my cuestion is, Is this OK?, should I increase it?will my system remain stable?

All the other frequencies:RAM 800:775, PCIE:100, also my Ram Voltage is at 1.8, the label on the Ram sticks say 2.1v (don`t know if I should change this too?)

Any kind of Help will be great.

Oh! one last thing, I`ve been thinking about overclocking my Graphics Card as well, but what program should I use? RivaTuner, nTune, I have no idea, if you know please help me, also how far can I overclock my 9600gt? it is a two slot card with a nice cooler.

First off, DON'T make two identical threads.

You only need to increase the voltage if your cpu becomes unstable. More juice helps the processor stay stable under load, otherwise, it won't get the power it needs and your system will crash. Don't go too high though, 1.35v is what I would recommend as a ceiling unless you are using really high end cooling and are looking for some extreme clocks. It all depends on what your temps are though.

For your GPU, use rivatuner, its really easy, bump it up until it crashes then move it a little lower until its stable.

E7300 has a multipler of 10.

So if you bump the Vcore to 1.5~ and up the bus speed to 350. Then you should be at 3.5ghz.

Or go with a Vcore of 1.4 and aim for a bus speed of 320~330 for speeds of 3.2ghz~3.3ghz. Since your using stock cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom