please check my corsair H60 hydro cooler installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
Hello all i got this baby yesterday i looked up some guides got it installed but have questions.

Amazon.com: Corsair Cooling Hydro-Series All-in-One High-Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CWCH60: Electronics
For example on the installation guide it says plug the fan to cpu fan slot and the pump to any free fan 3 ping plug.
now i have read on some guides that is better to have the pump in the cpu fan slot and the fan direct to the psu.
that is what i did. but i figure i ask here. I also read that is better to have the pump direct to the psu.
i need you guys with experience with this issue to tell what truly better this the first liquid cooler i ever installed.
This is what i did i read that ill have to change the fan settings in the case around because the cooler would be blowing hot air in i dint want that and i cant change the fans in my case to flow in back and out true the front.
so i put the radiator on the back of the case and the fan behind it to blow out and an additional fan on back on the case to draw air out i have pics so you see what i mean.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j128/alucard6000/2012-02-22224733.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j128/alucard6000/2012-02-22224823.jpg

the case has plenty of air going in and now the radiator between 2 fans pushing out

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j128/alucard6000/2012-02-22225109.jpg

please let me know if i can make it better or if i did something wrong

thanks in advance

I haven't used one of these kits, but here is my 2c.

I would have the pump on the PSU or SYSFAN plug since they aren't typically regulated, so it will be going full-bore when your computer is on.
I'd put the fans on the CPUFAN plug so that they can be regulated based on the needs of the CPU for heat dissipation.

You want your fans pushing the air out the back, not pulling it in from the rear.
Your setup looks fine, though I'm not sure why you put a fan on the outside instead of mounting it inside.

ok ill connect the black fan that came with the cooler to the cpu fan and the pump to the psu.
you cant really see it on the pic but the radiator is between 2 fans one drawing air from inside the case to the radiator and the one back out side is pushing that air out the case. i had to mount that one outside there was no other way unless i order a clip on fan adapter but as long as it works.

SS is way too small, looks like i7 something at 2.4GHz? maxing at 47-51°c?
And are those temps after a stress test, like Prime95?

I wouldn't directlty plug the pump into a non regulated power set. Having a pump frun 24/7 will wear it out.

Plus it'll be loud.

Putting the fan on a psu 4pin or fan header would be the smart thing.

Run ibt, intel burn test.

Currently my 950 @ 4.0ghz is folding at 100% cpu and has been at 71C for 20 days straight with a noctua nh-12 push pull setup.

I also found at stock speed/Vcore it was to much Vcore and turned it down.

Pulled this off another forum after a quick Google search:
my idle is around 35C with my 950 at 4.1ghz 1.28v

So depending on where your voltage is at, it sounds like you're a little warm but not in terrible shape.
If you haven't already, I would start dropping voltage little by little to find your lowest stable VCORE as it will lower temps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom