Please Answer This Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3_choos3n_on3

Solid State Member
OK guys here me out. I havre this computer which is pretty crappy i wanna upgrade it so i can play GTA 3 and Starwars Galaxies etc. I will later on get a better computer but right now i just wanna do something decent to the computert. Here are the specs of my current computer.

-First of all my computer is a Compaq Presario 7000 series lol dont laugh at me.

-AMD Athlon 1 gig
-128 meg of ram(need upgrading)
-Nvidia Tnt2 pro 32 mb(need upgrading)
-40 gig's of HD space.(prolly need upgrading just for my personal use.)
-i forgot what sound card im using but thats not important at the moment.

-So does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do. Like what I should put on there to upgrade it with. I just wanna here some suggestion from the people in the Forum.

I dont think im gonna overclock anything im scared to fool around with this Compaq computer i would understandf if it was a computer that i customized myself.

By the way I also wanna know what you guys thing of a good laptop i should purchase cause i need a decent laptop so i can go away on trips and watch movies and stuff .

HERE IS A PIC OF A LAPTOP I WAS CONSIDERING..
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-8026&qp=0&oid=81809

or I might consider the 2.8 gig seen here...

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-8026&qp=0&oid=79786

Youve Not given much info on your MB or your PS .I recomend at least a quality Power Supply of 350 watt .
So heres a recomendation
Consider this just to get you by .Your processor is fine for now.
When you do get your new system , this 1 is a good backup system.
Upgrade your video card so that you can still use it in your next sytem.ATI 9600 or better , Nvidia Ti 4600 or better .Add a stick of memory or configure it up to 256 mb for win9x . 500mb and higher for Xp OS .
Before you upgrade it Download and install 3Dmark01se .
Run some benchmarks at various settings and save the results as a txt file. Then upgrade your system and run the same tests compare them and see your performance gain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom