Planning to overclock my 8800GTS G92

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonKerz

In Runtime
Okay, so I want to overclock my 8800 G92. Does anyone else have this set up? I'm wondering what GPU cooling I should get, and how far I should be able to push the clock speed, but still maintain a stable system.

You don't have to buy another cooler, because that Dual-Slot cooler is pretty ownage because its designed to take the extra slot for a more powerful heatsink..

but you could OC it pretty far... try increasing increments of 5-20, and then Artifact test followed by 3dmark06 test, followed by a demanding game test

I've been told not to go over 2000mhz on the memory so keep it around 990-995. But for reference my XFX did 820 on the core and it went through 3dmark w/ no artifacting. I stopped there though. Got lazy running 3dmark 10 times

I have an EVGA 8800 gts (G92), Ive overclocked it a bit. After using nTune, Riva tuner, ATI tools, and EVGA precision EVGA | EVGA PrecisionI like the EVGA one the best. Easy to use, just three clock sets and a fan control. I have mine set at 670/core clock,1674/shader clock, and 972/memory clock. if you leave the fan on auto it runs around only 37%, uncheck auto and kick it up to 75% (hit apply). you'll definatly will hear the difference. that will bring the temp right down. you will also want a few programs to test with. heres a post at another forum that might help you with some gidelines as to what you can do. hope I dont offend anyone by using posts from somewhere else.8800GTS 512 OC Round up! - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net good luck

I have an 8800gt but with the 8800gts cooler, and i keep my fan speed at 50% and its silent and never goes past 60C, and its overclocked as well.

I havent had any troubles at all. I guess it depends on your airflow.I havent had any probs with temps, I run in the 40-45c idle and 55c or so while under load. i have an Antec 900 with Late Loon fans.

I have the same cpu, mobo and a BFG 8800gts, I used rivaTuner to OC the card and NVIDIA monitor temps and ATITool to stress the card.

Good aftermarket cooler if you really want one:

NCIX.com - Buy Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev 2 Passive VGA Cooler for HD2400/HD2600/HD3850/HD3870/8800GT/8800GTS - ACCELERO-S1-REV2 In Canada.

But as mentioned above no real reason unless you can hear the fans and that bothers you.

[edit] I haven't really tested mine that much but I was able to bump it straight to 800/1900/1000 without issues.[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom