planning for my crazy mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgschaef

Baseband Member
Alright people, I am starting to plan for my best mod ever. I am going to build the ultimate gaming habitat ever, yes i am going to buil an enclsure for a human to sit in and play games.

I have dtermined that i will start off with a base that is 8ft. long and 4ft. wide. Im not sure how tall to make it. I took the wheels and base of a chair, so i will tip that slightly back to sit in. where my feet stop im going to put racing pedals. Im gonna incorporate a z-640 speaker system as well as a buttkicker. The comp will be built into the front somewhere under a panel on a hinge for easy access. Im going to put a refrigeration system in to keep my Bawls cold. Im gonna put those mini lcds so ican display vital info. Im gonna build a trackball mouse into the armrest of my chair and put my keyboard on a hinge. so i can get into the chair and the have it flip down. the center speaker of the z-640's which has all the controls will be mounted on the roof facing directly down on me. im gonna have a usb hub on the interior, as well as an external cd rom drive, for obvious purposes.

What I need is suggestions. i nkow i didn't type this very well and please ask if you have any questions or you want me to clear somethin g up. thx

Have you any idea how much that is going to cost? It sounds like a pretty cool idea though, what size monitor are you gonna use? The big monitors are pretty exp. so you might wanna think about getting a projector fitted.

Hope this helps

i have the comp already, i have the monitor, a 17 in. samsung lcd i have everything except the wood or wutever material im gonna use to build it, and wood isnt expensive.

That sounds cool as hell. The best thing in the room is gonna be the fridge for the Bawls. I bought a mini fridge to keep my Bawls and other caffeine cold. It's a must!

yeah im gonna try to take out the cooling elements of the fridge and make my own smaller one.

It sounds like you have planned it out pretty nice, you just might want to take into consideration what would be the best material to build this out of. Wood is cheap but will also not be very sturdy if you get the cheapest kind. If you get some good quality wood and make sure its sanded so you dont get a spliter in your cooled bawls. :D Then you can tag it with some spray paint for an arcade look or even give it a nice stained finish for more of a furniture-esque look.

Seriously ..that would be awesome... ...

Later may be u can add like a bigger monitor ..it'll be really addictive :D

yeah it will be addictive, and id love to have a bigger minitor, I have an old 21 inch crt, maybe ill find a way to mount it, its about a thousand lbs. Im gonna paint i tblack or grey, i think i might enter it for maximum ocs rig of the month. i dont know what kind o f wood, to get i was gonna use particle wood, but then i thought maybe drywall with studs for support suggestions?

Will this be outdoors? I hope so, otherwise you wont be able to move it out if you leave.

If its outdoors, it may be more work than you thought. I would recommend pouring the slab and just framing a 8x4 building. Basically, youre making a shed. Another idea mey be just that. Consider a prebuilt shed.

www.tuff-shed.com

Its a huge and EXTREMELY costly thing youre trying to do here... have you really considered the consttuction costs here? Were talkin a few grand for something well done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom