Picking the right 80mm fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
I have a shuttle XPC SN41G2 that has a crappy Sunon 80mm (using a 3 pin mobo connector for speed control) cooling my CPU that came stock with the case.
It is quite loud and doesnt cool as good as some fans could.
What fan do you guys recommend I buy that is 80mm and has a 3 pin speed controlled connector that is relatively quiet and/or cools a lot better than the Sunon.

lol yeah but he wanted a 3pin quiet solution, you gave him a 4pin loud as hell solution :D

Vantec does have stealth fans, but they go at slow RPMs and probably wouldn't be the best coolers but they are silent as hell :D

From experience, I have decided that the $8 8mm case fans aren't worth your while. For a quiet one, look for something that is around 21-23 dB.

Oh lol, went a little to qucik there. Well, any kind of 80mm fan thats made for silence, is nothing worth getting. These do the least amoount of cooling.

I would just get the Tornado man, its going to get the job done. You'll need around 3 silent 80mm fans to match that baby.

Ok, so it sounds like "quiet" is out of the picture.
So how about something with high airflow, but not quite as loud as the tornado?

The box is 3 feet me and my roommates bunk in our room at college, trust me, obviously I care or I wouldnt be asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom