PhenomMsrTweaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzmxer608

Fully Optimized
I found a program and tutorial that allows you to adjust core clocks for both performance and power saving states for AMD CPUs. So you can set it up to emulate Cool 'n Quiet if you OC past stock clocks.

Program: Browse PhenomMsrTweaker Files on SourceForge.net
Tutorial: PhenomMsrTweaker Guide: Custom Cool 'N Quiet for Overclocks! - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I'm wondering if it will work simultaneously with AMD Overdrive, might be worth it to just use this one program (I can't OC through my BIOS).

Edit: Got it to work with AOD. I was slowly lowering the Vcore until it would crash (then you use a higher setting than what it crashed at), I ended up using the lowest possible option, 0.7750. I set the multiplier to 4.5, which is 945MHz. Ran Prime at those reduced settings for like 15 minutes and it didn't crash, so I applied it and it works pretty good :D.

I saw this program browsing in class the other day XS, looked like it'd be useful. Especially for installing stuff, I leave CnQ on all the time, so when installers start they take forever with the cpu clocked down.

I think I'm going to have to play around with the settings for when each mode switches. When I am folding on the GPU the CPU usage is right on the borderline and switches back and forth a lot.

Didn't want to start a new topic. So I have K10STAT setup and made a task to start it at boot. It starts fine and everything, but my power options in the control panel always switches the minimum processor usage to 100, I have to change it to 0 or whatever every time I boot. I'm using the balanced plan, is there anyway to make it stop resetting that setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom