Phenom II 965 OC 4.2

Gah! My latency got worse... 11 11 11 29.... voltage is set to 1.65, but the maximum memory clock is only allowing 800MHz

If you're leaving the timings set to auto then yes they will get looser because they board is trying to compensate for the overclocked settings. If you want them lower you will have to lower them yourself.

Even if 800 is the highest it'll go 1600 is a good OC for 1333.

Stupid on me... Just remembered I'm running G Skill Snipers in this machine, not Ripjaws. Don't think it will really make a difference. Still DDR3 1333 Meh.

DDR = double data rate so 800x2 = 1600 :)

The name of the kit doesn't make a difference. There are 1600 kits with 11 timings and some might disagree but that is acceptable considering you are OCIng. The lower timings at 1600 is better than the 1333. Also, I think with some manual tweaking you can achieve 9s.

DDR = double data rate so 800x2 = 1600 :)

The name of the kit doesn't make a difference. There are 1600 kits with 11 timings and some might disagree but that is acceptable considering you are OCIng. The lower timings at 1600 is better than the 1333. Also, I think with some manual tweaking you can achieve 9s.

Is there a write-up floating around for this manual tweaking? There's a list of acronyms under RAM in my BIOS I have no idea what they mean. I tried to change a few and ended up having to pull my CMOS battery because my machine wouldn't boot into BIOS. No fun.

You don't need to pull the battery. There is a jumper on your board that will clear the cmos for you.

All you need to worry about are the main 4.

CL
trcd
trp
tras

On a stick of RAM in order the timings will look like 9-9-9-24. Lower one at a time starting with the bigger number first. Leave the rest on auto.

You don't need to pull the battery. There is a jumper on your board that will clear the cmos for you.

All you need to worry about are the main 4.

CL
trcd
trp
tras

On a stick of RAM in order the timings will look like 9-9-9-24. Lower one at a time starting with the bigger number first. Leave the rest on auto.

Awesome, thanks. I'll have to locate my jumper.

Back
Top Bottom