Phase change cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a cool idea, but it's still all confusing to me. But i heard it gives u GREAT temps.

Phase Change cooling is insane! I wish i could afford to build a triple phase change cooling system. I cant though, and can barely afford a watercooling system. If you are gonna OC heavily and can afford it then by all means have at it. Its awesome hardware.

To be quite honest you won't get any good answers about phase change here as no one has any experience with that sort of stuff that visits here regularly...it's something I would like to experiment with at some point but I'm not qualified to answer any questions from real world experience :p

Related note, I'm seeing OCZ is freaking making phase change units now...wow, they are REALLY getting into the enthusiast market more and more every day and they look to be the first "mainstream" company to put out something like this...perhaps this means such implications will become more affordable in the future, I will have to look into it more

If it is anything like their other products though, OCZ makes good stuff and has really good support...I would like to see them enter the motherboard market eventually although I can't complain with DFI

Be warned, that if you get phase change cooling, and your CPU has the "cold bug", then you are in for a very bumpy ride. The "cold bug" can do all sorts of crazy things to the CPU, like make it not boot at subzero temperatures, and in some cases, it can actually make your CPU overclock lower than it would on air or water.

I"ve just recently started to consider phase change cooling and when I found that OCZ would be offering an affordable system then this helps to make up my mind.

I had hoped that somone could tell me how it has worked for them. If not I'll post when I've tried this out for myself. My plans are to build an all new Rig when AMD comes out with their new socket. I've been holding out for DDR2 to make its way to AMD.

I don't think it came out yet. I heard it will cost $300 which would be the same price as a good water cooling system.

The bad thing is that these things soak up a lot of energy.

You should look at extremeoverclocking.com

OMG, just looked into this a little more:

OCZ is already shipping its first batch of phase change coolers and it already has a quantity to sell . We still donÂ’t know where can you buy them but you should be able to get one for the suggested retail price of $299. Others' have been selling for significantly more than that.

$299 for phase change! :eek: That is crazy! :wooha:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom