People Buying Ballistix Tracers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the new Ballistix running different IC chips? A different revision of D9's? Last I checked they were stick d9gmh

I dunno how you check. These heatspreaders seem to be glued on there as well so I don't want to go pulling on them too much :p

But yeah the older ones used all sorts of D9 chips actually:

Micron D9GMH (B6-3)
Micron D9GCT (B6-37E)
Micron D9GKX (B6-25E)
Micron D9DQT (BT-3)

The D9GKX and D9MGH were considered the best :)

Not really, unless you know and have done research on what RAM, uses what chips. Or if you pop off the heatspreaders. They should be labeled on the chips.

Crucials, I believe, always use D9 chips, since they're a part of Micron, which manufacturers the D9s.

Here's a site that list a lot of RAM companies, and which models use D9s:
DDR2 RAM List

Not really, unless you know and have done research on what RAM, uses what chips. Or if you pop off the heatspreaders. They should be labeled on the chips.

Crucials, I believe, always use D9 chips, since they're a part of Micron, which manufacturers the D9s.

Here's a site that list a lot of RAM companies, and which models use D9s:
DDR2 RAM List

I knew it...my ram uses micron D9GMH (B6-3) chips.

Makes sense since i hear that these boys can oc pretty good, even though they are considered to be budget ram.

ey, nos, check the serial on it to see if its a double or single...

I bought a set a month ago and just noticed that they are the single sided ones... 8EX2 or w/e

I'll be refunding if you have single sided as well, otherwise i'll just set it up for replacement

tbh I don't know where people get the notion that single sided ballistix are no good.

Like I said, my 5300s did 1200mhz, and I had another set of single sided 6400s that did 1200mhz as well...

With that said, I've just sold my Ballistix and picked up some OCZ sli 1066 sticks...I've only run DDR2 ballistix before so figured I'd give something else a try, even though they use the magical D9 chips as well :)

I think I might refund the tracers and find some RAM with just plain black heatspreaders and PCB... I don't like the colors of the LEDs on the tracers

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom