pentium d

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
in your opinion which cache is more important to games? l1 or l2? and why, also how bad is a dual core pentium d processor for games? its not sepcifically for games but is it better than a sempron?

AMD almost across the board generally has a better dual core (especially for gaming). Intel though, made their 8xx D's better by upgrading them to the 9xx 65nm technology, giving them awesome overclockability, lower power consumption and lower heat. I'm saving up for the 960D (3.6 GHz) that comes out late April. Should retail for about $450. If overclocking a cheaper processor is your thing though, go for the cheaper 940 or 950 at the end of april when the prices drop. They will drop again once the core duo comes out. Don't waist your money on the 920, as they are discontinuing it and it's not the greatest gaming CPU. I am running on a 820 right now, and while it kicks some serious multi-tasking you-know-what, I'm getting ready for the 960 (which has been overclocked to 4.5 GHZ!!).

Check out my favorite site www.xbitlabs.com for reviews on these and others.

I would be if you're interested. Probably for about $100. Let me know. Email is the best way to get a hold of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom