PCS vs. AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
so would i be able to run CS and most new games with a PCI video card...would they be smooth?

CS would probably run fins with a PCI video card. What other new games are you referring to?

yea they wuld...man...just that I THINK...( PRETTY SURE) that...the vid car will not be as decent later on...when u buy FUTURE gamez...IM PRETTY SURE about this but it shuld run cs smoothly.

From what I have seen PCI vid cards are slightly more expensive than AGP cars. Maybe thats just around here, but its what I have seen.

Also, I think it would be hard to find a new mobo that would have just PCI and no AGP. Do they make those anymore?

As for which is faster I believe AGP is twice as fast as PCI. 33mhz for PCI and 66mhz for AGP;)

AGP stans for "Accelerated Graphics Port" pci stands for "Peripheral Component Interconnect" Now which sounds like it's more concentrated on the graphics end of things? hhmmmm??

WORST EVER processor Intel made was the CELERON
it was made because of vendors taking p2 and p3 cpus and overclocking them selling them more then they are wourth. with the new celly you could always tell what it was at stock and if it had been o/c in which it cant be much.
(intel could make a p4 for the same price as a celly but they tryr to screw there costumers lol)
About the video card. a pci port is for general use. an agp port is a deticated port to a graphics card. A pci card will do you fine for very light gaming and web surfing

ATI Radeon 7500 is a great PCI card, and not too expensive. I had one in my old (just got rid of it a week ago) P3 833, and I could run all the newest games (Halo) on the lowest settings just fine. Halo was rough at times, but playable.

If you want to play games and dont care what settings, just save your money, keep your mobo and get the card i mentioned.

does anyone know what a really good PCI card is other than the one mentioned already ?

something better than the gforce 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom