PCI slots - engaging ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

In Runtime
Hi again, I have just inserted a new Sound card - the case is a bit crap and the card does not fully engage - it is almost there, but I can see some of the copper contacts - about 2-3mm or so - is it vital that the card is seatd completely to the bottom of the PCI slot - in which case I would have to remove and pack the mobo - don't really want to do that.?

Are you sure that you are trying to put the card in the right typr of slot? It should slide right in, with some resistance of course.

The card needs to be completely seated in the slot, no contacts showing.

it is definately a PCI slot - it's just a bad case design - at the back the board fits in, but the front where the screw hole is attached to chassis it sits proud - only other card is AGP which seems fine, and in any case is different shape, so i have nothing to compare it to, however, i have tried it in all slots and it's the same - I'll either pack the mobo up or redesign the case with some pliers...

I have before had a similar proble (altho it only took me a few seconds to solve:D ) It was because the metal part of the pci slot(which goes to the outside of the case, the bit you screw down) was not near enough the back of the case so it was kind of sitting on the motherboard and i couldn't screw it down. All i done was stick something thin down and push the metal bit down and away from the mobo. This solved the problem.

If you understood that, lol.

i understand exactly your plight - I initially thought that it might be a prob seating the end nr the mobo, but the re is plenty of room there - I think the pliers r coming out!!!!

Yeah, I just put my new soundcard in, it takes a little elbow grease, make sure you line it up right and don't break it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom