PCI slot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisiblewall

Baseband Member
I plan on upgrading my video card to something like a 6800gt but since I have only PCI slots, does that mean I won't be able to upgrade or is everything fine?

6800GT or anything about the 5500 or 5700 is PCI compatible but the 6800GT is PCI-e but not the standard PCI so you should go for 5500 or 5700 i got the AGP8x version of the 5500 oc :D very good card for the price

i would upgrade your mobo. the pci version of some cards are more expensive than the AGP version of the same card.

the pci version of some cards are more expensive than the AGP version of the same card.
Not in the case of 6600GT....the PCI-E is like $180 and the AGP's I found were $230 or so =/

You definitely need to upgrade your motherboard. Not necessarily to the new motherboards with PCI-E because currently they don't offer a real performance gain. You'd still be good with an AGP based board for now

I suggest getting a new mobo, if you dont have a AGP X8 slot then its not a good mobo. So i highly recommend getting a new mobo.

Alex81388 said:
What are you using? A server board?
I'm still a pretty big noob to this stuff so I don't know.

Just another question because I don't wanna make a new topic, what dx9 cards would work in my pci slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom