PCI-E problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Default PCI-E problems

Hi,

I am using GA-945GZM-S2 and Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT.....in my manual I read that when I use PCI-E 16x graphics card, I should be able to modify PCI-E Frequency with range from 90 - 150 MHZ....however, I only have the following:

- Auto
- SYNC
- ASYNC

Also in my manual I read that the PCI-E Frequency should be 100 MHZ, but currently it`s 33 MHZ

How I can fix this ?
__________________

imperator is offline  
Old 01-15-2010, 02:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Press_Corpse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 164
Default Re: PCI-E problems

Only thing I can think of is that your card might be idling and reducing the frequency to save power? In Bios you would notice a place to adjust (usually where you can overclock/adjust voltages) and you can raise that. I wouldn't warrant raising that above 103 or 104. If you want to overclock, you should be looking at things like Rivatuner. That is if the rest of your computer is stable and power is clean enough.
__________________

__________________
i5 2500k, Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, 30gb Agility SSD, XFX 5770, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3 12800CL9Q-16GBXL
Press_Corpse is offline  
Old 01-15-2010, 05:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Default Re: PCI-E problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Press_Corpse View Post
Only thing I can think of is that your card might be idling and reducing the frequency to save power? In Bios you would notice a place to adjust (usually where you can overclock/adjust voltages) and you can raise that. I wouldn't warrant raising that above 103 or 104. If you want to overclock, you should be looking at things like Rivatuner. That is if the rest of your computer is stable and power is clean enough.
Well, I am OC`ing my Pentium D 925....So as to get a decent clock, I need to raise PCI-E Frequency @ 103 max....that should fix my problems....a while ago, I had this option in BIOS, but it`s gone now...
imperator is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,534
Default Re: PCI-E problems

Did you update the BIOS to a newer one? If so, flash it with an older one, and see if that remedies the problem. I had something similar to that happen to mine. Flashed it with a newer BIOS, and I couldn't disable my smart fan function.
__________________
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 : AMD FX 9370 : Corsair H100i GTX Cooler : 16GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 (4x4Gb) : XFX 7970 Ghz 3GB x 2 : PNY XLR8 256GB SSD : Seagate 1TB : Antec True Power Quattro 1000W : Thermaltake G41
95BlackGA is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Press_Corpse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 164
Default Re: PCI-E problems

I wouldn't think that GPU frequency would have any affect on your CPU frequency. Unless you have jacked up your GPU frequency and think that somehow is causing your computer to freeze up. In any case, you should make sure every part in your computer is compatible with each other and there are no errors or overheating going on .
__________________
i5 2500k, Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, 30gb Agility SSD, XFX 5770, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3 12800CL9Q-16GBXL
Press_Corpse is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 04:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lady Techie
 
Yami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 7,774
Default Re: PCI-E problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Press_Corpse View Post
I wouldn't think that GPU frequency would have any affect on your CPU frequency. Unless you have jacked up your GPU frequency and think that somehow is causing your computer to freeze up. In any case, you should make sure every part in your computer is compatible with each other and there are no errors or overheating going on .
It does actually. I'm not sure why, but when I was OCing I got some help and was told to increase aforementioned frequency. It helped.
__________________
Desktop i5-4440 - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - EVGA GTX970 - 4x4GB 1600MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Be Silent Base 800 - 3TB+1TB+1TB+640GB
Laptop i7-3740QM @ 2.7GHz, 2x4GB 1600Mhz, GT640M, OCZ Agility 3 120GB
Smartphone Galaxy S7 Edge

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Yami is offline  
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Press_Corpse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 164
Default Re: PCI-E problems

Strange, I would think they would be on 2 totally different circuits. At any rate, Even though you are able to raise it to 150... Most I have seen is like 110 and that was an extremely overclocked machine.
__________________
i5 2500k, Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, 30gb Agility SSD, XFX 5770, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3 12800CL9Q-16GBXL
Press_Corpse is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,534
Default Re: PCI-E problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Press_Corpse View Post
Strange, I would think they would be on 2 totally different circuits. At any rate, Even though you are able to raise it to 150... Most I have seen is like 110 and that was an extremely overclocked machine.
Yeah, too high for the machine, and you can screw yourself over. I clocked mine to 112-115, and my integrated network controller failed.
__________________

__________________
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 : AMD FX 9370 : Corsair H100i GTX Cooler : 16GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 (4x4Gb) : XFX 7970 Ghz 3GB x 2 : PNY XLR8 256GB SSD : Seagate 1TB : Antec True Power Quattro 1000W : Thermaltake G41
95BlackGA is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Youtube Videos: Playback Problems And Fixes Osiris Tips, Tricks & Tutorials 0 11-18-2009 09:45 AM
HELP! Battlefield 2 Crashes when entering Singleplayer,Multiplayer, and Audio Options Grayman PC Gaming 7 03-17-2009 02:26 AM
/3GB switch, serious problems Forze Microsoft Windows and Software 8 10-26-2007 01:54 PM
Desktop WiFi Card Doesn't Fit In PCI Slot? UsernameTaken Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 11 09-09-2007 09:42 PM
AVG Free problems,, TomW Viruses, Spyware and Malware 4 05-08-2007 09:08 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.