pci or agp???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gl\l0m!$h

In Runtime
ok heres the deal i finally got my dad to buy me a new video card for uh some reason or another but right now my mobo only supperts agp4x i know i know it was my bad when i bought the thing but at the time i had a pci video card so i didnt care. But the problem is i dont know how much money hes willing to pay for this thing and im looking at what i think it the best pci video card out there right now. Here but i need to know if its gonna do any good for gaming or if i should buy a new mobo and get my dad to buy a good agp video card and if that then what video card cuz i dont think he'll go above $150.

Get yourself an AGPx4 video card, the maximum bandwidth on PCI bus is 266MB/sec, whereas AGP x4 is ~1GB/sec.

No need for a new motherboard, my System 2 is only AGPx4 and I get almost 12k on 3D Marks 2001SE (b330).

correct me if i am mistaken, but won't a 8X vid card work fine on a 4X board? It'll just run at 4X right?---look into this before making buying decisions as i am unsure

yes you are right slvrstang. the 8x AGP card will work in the 4x AGP slot on the motherboard, but it will only be able to be used to half of its full potential.

I used to have an ATI 9600 PRO on my old motherboard 4X AGP and it was backward compatible no problem. All new 9600 from ATI now come with the 9800 chipset so you can overclock those fairly easily if you have sufficient cooling.

Here but i need to know if its gonna do any good for gaming or if i should buy a new mobo and get my dad to buy a good agp video card and if that then what video card cuz i dont think he'll go above $150.

what the hell is that site? never saw it before

you should go to a trusting site such as newegg where they have a hell lot more choices and all that

i bought a dvd-r at 8X for about 70 bucks but they sent me a dvd-r at 2X. i tried to contact them but wouldn't F***** answer lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom