pc wont start after overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
i was just overclocking my cpu and i managed to get it to 2.5ghz and then it wouldnt boot into windows so i reset the cmos and after doing that when i push the power button all it does is power up for about 1-2 seconds then turns off for about 2-5 seconds then repeats this, sometimes it will keep going but the screen wont turn on and none of the network lights flicker or anything. there are no beeps or anything when i turn it on. can anyone please help me fix this problem?

core 2 duo e6300
ocz 2gb ddr800
32GB western digital raptor
gigabyte 965p-dq6 rev1.0 (BIOS F9)
16x dvd writer
nvidia 7600gs 512mb
hyena 500watt psu

i have tried resetting it 3 times so far, i have tried the reset jumper and removing the power cord and cmos battery, i have searched goo gle for similar things happening and it looks like my mobo i sprolly screwed:(

I might be asking a stupid question but did you be sure to:

1. unplug your power cord from your PSU?
2. Press the power button on your tower to discharge any excess power?
3. Take out the actual battery and not mess with jumpers? I have a DS3 965p and all I had to do was take out the battery. I left mine out for about 5 minutes. I never touched a jumper.

i am just trying again with the power cord out (i usually just switch it off), then after the battery has been out a whil another forum suggests taking out the ram b4 restarting to see if i get an error beep/s.

Hmm. I never took out my RAM when I had to clear the CMOS. You might have a bigger problem on your hands. :(

ok i just tried that and..... it didnt work it gave me an error code like it was supposed to and the it still did the stupid restart thing im gonna check the psu with a multimeter cause it no longer looks like its the mobo(it is a really new psu but a generic brand so....)

well that was a bit painful apart from the OUTSIDE of the psu giving me a shock it appears to work (all at the right voltages), but i have no pc to test it in..... so it doesnt have a load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom