PC cooling suggestions for new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

octavian

Beta member
Processor: - Athlon 64 3800 512K 90nm Rev E socket 939
Heatsink/CpuFan: -Zalman CNPS7000LED ALCU (AMD) (Pending)
Motherboard:-Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Memory:-Corsair TwinX 1024MB 3200LL-PT
Cards:
Video:-GeForce 6800 256MB PCI Express (I will be running SLI. That is if you havent noticed already.)
Audio:-Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS
Hard Drive:
1: - Seagate: Serial ATA 40GB (OS drive )
2: -Seagate ST3160023AS 160GB 7200RPM SATA
Optical Drive: -Plextor PX-716SA DVD+-R/W SATA
Keyboard:-Logitechï¾® Media Keyboard
Mouse:-Logitechï¾® MX"510 Performance Optical Mouse
Monitor:
Speakers: -Creative I-Trigue L3500 2.1
Surge Protector:-APC Personal SurgeArrest PER7T 7 Outlets Power
Modem:-Encore ENF656-ESW-NDPR 56Kbps
Power Supply:-SilverStone Zeus ST65ZF 650W
Case: Pending.. freinds request. Built in Liquid cooling..maby..
Cooling: Any suggestions?

Cooling is a debateable subject. I am sure this PC will create a lot of heat. I am considering water cooling internal or external, but.. I am unsure that my freind will be ontop of it. Check the water levels and change the liquid every 6 months and such. Maby I should just fill the case with hella fans. Any suggestions?

Honestly, unless you're doing heavy duty overclocking, fan cooling should be fine. You don't really have to worry about water cooling unless you're going to push something to its max, which will generate more heat. Are you going to overclock or crank up voltages?

I recommend the K8 Silent Boost quite a bit. It keeps my processor at around the same temperatures as jseber1982, and it says it is made for athlon 64 processors. I would highly recommend it.

EDIT: And I have mine overclocking about 25%. Therefore, it'll definitely keep a processor cool that isn't overclocked at all.

jseber1982 said:
like i recommend to everybody, get a thermalright xp120 heatsink. Mine runs my FX55@ 35*C no load, 45*C load.

Yeah that's one hell of a heatsink. Too big for me though. I just got myself an XP-90 and I'm about to install it.

Dont get the Zalman 7000CU, get the Zalman 7700CU. It is 100% copper, as opposed to the other one which is 50% copper and 50% aluminum. You WILL notice the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom