PC case made entirely of cooling fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats awsome but i just thought i would not want my fingers near those fans or any pets maybe 70 fan grills to go with the 70 fans:D

I had the same thought of building a square box with fans like that......figured someone had already done it.......anyway, it's basically a massive non directional wind in there....he 'theoretically' has it going left-->right, top-->bottom, and front-->back, but basically that air just gets tossed around in there like nothing...........it might work better if he did something like....the front, right panel, and top were all intake, and then back, left panel and bottom were all exhaust...that way you MIGHT get a more uniform flow of air........chances are the air probably isn't moving that much....all the fans combined are causing a 'stalemate' of sorts.......anywho this is just my speculation, but it makes since if you try and visualize the air in your mind.

I dig what your saying. It's a super cool idea (no pun intended) and i have had this idea since I first started paying attention to computer cooling many many moons ago. I'm thinking that maybe if he had every side an intake, and only one of them exhaust, it may work right. We should get some physicists up in here. He is never going to get it working with paths of air crosdsing each other like that, he;s insane.

I would of thought there would of been some sort of tornado in there, with the hot air not really leaving the case.

He needs a really powerful fan on the cpu, as it wouldn't be sucking up the enough air around the case for all those fans to make a difference.

He needds to tweak it alot. It's is a very good idea in theory, but needs to be applied right. I think he may have to subtract a wall of fans or two, all those fans may just be too overwhelming for the air and, like Nub said, creating a stalemate of air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom