PC Build parts list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting really confused about the SATA Harddrives! Is that a brand or what is it!? Sombody please help or send me a link or SOMTHING!
SATA is the interface. It just mean the type of connection that is used to connect the drive to the mobo. SATA is faster than PATA/IDE drive. Here is a good one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148040

If you are not OC'ing, the RAM is fine and you could save some bucks on the mobo. This would be a good one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491
The DFI is a good board either way though so it's up to you.

I don't think thats he is going to overclock, he doesnt even know what S-ATA is let alone FSB, multipliers and core voltage. The ram should be fine.

get a 3700+ san diego core instead of the 3800
get the dfi lanparty
get an 80gig serial ATA hard drive
get the 6800gt
get the ram its fine for what you need
that case is kinda overpriced imho get something a bit cheaper and buy the psu separate

google

K finished googling. Here is a page that shows the dfi getting schooled by chaintech at stock speeds. JK. Performance drop of dfi is very very low, like .5 percent or something, but it is there, as almost every graph has chaintech winning over dfi by a few points. I tried to find other articles, but they all seemed to want to compare nf3 to k8n lol.
(difference is probably 1/1000 of a second in real life performance)

To me it kinda seems like you dont really know what you are doing. So it might be better to build a cheaper PC first, just incase you mess up something. But if you decide to go ahead anyway, I suggest that you get a better HD.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=14&Submit=Property

That link should take you to a list with 2 different HDD's:
1 Sata
1 IDE

Choose which ever one you want to use. Those drives are much better than that 2MB Cache one you had up. Other than that I guess that this is a pretty decent set up.

And one more thing. I dont know if your motherboard is PCI-Ex compatible. So check on that and then you should be good to go.

EDIT: Those harddrives do cost a few bucks more, but the performance is worth it.

EDIT: Strike what I said earlier about it (PCI Express) not being compatible, I was looking at the nForce3 instead of 4 sorry. But that almost seems like a waste, it can only do 4x and ur getting an 16x card...

First off to str8lazy,
EDIT: Strike what I said earlier about it (PCI Express) not being compatible, I was looking at the nForce3 instead of 4 sorry. But that almost seems like a waste, it can only do 4x and ur getting an 16x card...
I think you might be a little confused(maybe not idk:confused: ) so i'm going to try to clear things up.
1.jpg

I think you may be looking at arrow 1 wich says it only supports 4x. If you look arrow 2 you see that there's 2 PCI-E x16 slots. I don't know if this is what you saw but when i read your edit i was a little confused myself and this is the only explenation i could think of.;) If I understood wrong tell me what you ment.:)
Second, After much time on Newegg and google i have a pretty final list.:) Unfortunatly I am at $1,071.99 ($71.99 over budget) but I may be able to continue with the build(hopefully:p ) The final(ish) Parts list looks like this:
Processor AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
$366.00
G Card eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
$345.00
Mobo DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
$135.00
RAM OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
$79.99
Case ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA9NW-AL/450 Black/Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply
$90.00
HDD Western Digital Caviar SE WD400JD 40GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
$56.00
Total$1,071.99

Now a few notes on the list...
On the processor i didn't realise this before but the L2 Cache is only 512mb. Is this sufficent?

Can I get a different PCI-E x16 G-Card with a lower price with out sacrificing too much preformance?

I really like this case but is the PSU Sufficent? (I really don't want to buy anything else :grind: )

This price seems pretty good for a Hard Drive, any comments?

Lastly are all of these items compatable and will i Fry $1000 at the end of this build with these parts? Any comments and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)

Btw get a quality power supply. That will run you around 70-150 bucks. If your looking to save money, currently there are deals at circuit city/bets buys for very inexpensive IDE hard drives.

So judging by the fact of one reply i am guessing the list is Good? Please at least reply with a yes or no so i know weather everythings compatable or not. Add any comments or suggestions aswell:)

Sounds good to me.

If you don't like it, just send it to me. Heck, I'll even pay for the postage.

On the processor i didn't realise this before but the L2 Cache is only 512mb. Is this sufficent?
You can get the 3700+ San Diego which has the 1mb cache, but IDK what the price difference is. Might be a good move.

I would definately suggest getting a PSU rather than the one that comes with the case.

Edit: It is actually a little cheaper. I would definately go with the 3700+ San Diego.

Edit again ;) Is this USD, sorry, didn't start at the beginning. But $345 for a 6800GT seems high right now. You should be able to fine one for about $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom