Patriot brand RAM settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

enGRAVEr

Baseband Member
I have 2 Gig (4 @ 512) Patriot Brand DDR2 Memory that is supposed to support speeds from 533 to 700. I am unable to get this ram to run at anything other than 533.

Please help.

If you need more information, just ask.

I will get them and then re edit this post. The BIOS has a lot of different settings to play around with so I will get them all.

Thanks

Reboot, press delete key while booting.

When you ask about IC. Exactly what do you want to know.

What ic's are on it ?
What does that have anything to do with it....with Patriot memory the manufacturer generally gives two rated speeds...in this case with DDR2 it's 533 or 700....with DDR they rate it at 400MHz or 533MHz with different timings of course.

It's not like he's just trying to OC this random brand up to those speeds.

engraver - the IC's are the actual black chips on the RAM....for DDR modules they use Samsung TCCD for their high performance memory, but I don't know about the DDR2, however I still don't see what knowing the IC's is going to help at all in this situation.

I don't really know about Intels or DDR2 though so all I can say is make sure when adjusting your RAM speed nothing else is trying to follow it up as well....make sure all your other components are remaining at their standard speed or simply that your computer can handle the higher frequency of 700MHz

MB states support for Native 720. Before this the term Native had been unheard of to myself. Got a clue??

1066/4 = 266.5
533/2 = 266.5

You got a 1:1 ratio there which is perfect. Up the fsb in the bios and the RAM will rise with it.

Been offline for a while due to a move. Got everything set back up and I want to raise this rams speed up. I do not want to mess up the FSB for the CPU though. Is there a way to raise the mem from 533 to 667 and leave the CPU alone. There are so many settings in BIOS that I may just get some new ram. It is just that if I could get this to run at the 667 I would rather do so than spend more money on this rig. I have other plans for it.

then what is the point of o/c your ram if all u r doing is making a bottle neck.The fsb it what communicates with the system,like the ram.So if u up you ram and leave your fsb your ram will have to wait so I dont see u getting any performance changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom