Patience With a Noob - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Patience With a Noob

Hello everyone. I have just finished building my first pc and am wondering how to set it up right (i.e bios settings and such) Here's the summary: Asus p5ql pro mobo, q9300 quad core, 8gb kinston 1066 hyper-x ddr2 ram, geforce 8800gts gpu, 500gb sata hdd, blu-ray\hddvd drive, dvd burner, vista ultimate 64biit. I am not really to concerned with OCing the cpu @ this time because I am still using the stock heatsink for now, but for some reason my 1066 ram is not running @ 1066 but @ 800 and I have read that it defaults to 800. I know that 1066 can be obtained but I have already caused it to fail to post by screwing around with the settings. So I am wondering if anybody has any experience with this ram and mobo combo.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On