Painting a moniter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole1135

MetalHead Techie
Has anyone painted their moniter. if so plz say how it was done and show some pics if you can. or if you have any comments plz fell free..........thx in advance

i have an lcd so painting it would be pretty pointless.... painting a monitor in general would be pointless...

well i got a 21 inch crt that is white and my comp as you probly know is black. and that white moniter just siting next to my comp looks like crap so i thought i might paint my moniter black

^^thats the dumbest thing to say, youd paint it if ya didnt like the colour, same with the tower or your car, that is assuming he wants to paint the plastic not the screen, but yea if i were doing it, just mask off the screen.....well, and then get a can of spray paint and do a couple of thin...very thin or it may run on the the screen and under the tape, i wouldnt bother doing an undercoat or priming it, or tryin to get the old paint off, if it is painted, but yea, hope that helps.

I've considered painting my white monitor black as well. Only thing I worry about is getting paint inside the vents in the rear. I don't know if that would **** up the CRT or not.

it shouldnt be to much of a prob, if ya spray it, then do lots of really thin coats

how is that the "dumbest thing to say".. no i wouldnt paint my car, tower, or monitor because i make sure i like the color before i buy it.... but different colors dont bother me as i have a black desk, black tower, black monitor, and a white monitor..

Not a bad idea, but if i were you id cover up those vents. So no paint gets on the inside. You can always practice on like a $10 monitor or something, and see if getting paint in the inside will ruin it.

Static_11 said:
how is that the "dumbest thing to say".. no i wouldnt paint my car, tower, or monitor because i make sure i like the color before i buy it.... but different colors dont bother me as i have a black desk, black tower, black monitor, and a white monitor..

cos you said painting a monitor in gemral would be pretty pointless, thats like saying customizing anything is pointless......therefor DUMB

if ya worrid bout the vents see if you can take the back of the monito off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom