Paging file recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
What should i set my paging file size to? Its at 2048mb right now, windows recommends 4072 but i only have 3gb of ram installed.

it doesnt do "nothing", it is just so ridiculously inefficient that its like it does nothing, but imo there aint much of a difference

just go with about 5gb and you'll be ok

5gb of paging file? Thats ridiculous.

Paging file is like added on ram, whenever you run out of space on you ram it goes onto your harddrive to help it get back on track. At max you should be using 4gb of COMBINED ram/pagefile. So just subtract the amount of ram you are using now out of 4gb and you got how much pagefile you should use. Honestly it really doesn't matter but all its going to do is take up unused space on your harddrive, which is a waste

such as photoshop and the like....and for some games.

Though i agree, a small pf should more than suffice. if u wanna save HDD space, dont go for more than 2 gb tbh, since if u have lots and lots, then windows may have to look though the pagefile to find the files it needs, and tht betrays thge point of it being there...

Go for setting it too 2.5 tymes of ur RAM size and give the maximum and minimum limit to be he same. It is important to give the paging file size for ur system optimizations.

I've tried all sorts of different sizes under different operating systems and with different amounts of physical memory...but I've found that leaving it on auto seems the best for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom