***Paging Aspire*** 50* CPU/40* GPU w LC???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
My 4870 just froze up on me during a game.. So I restarted and checked the temps.. it was 50* CPU (dropped by the time I got the right Screen shot) and 45* GPU... I was playing Crysis Warhead (have been wanting to play it again) Had it on Enthusiast and was on the Hovercraft/Ice level when it froze.. LOL... Ironic??

I know I need a better fan controller, this Aero Cool is a piece of junk! The "Manual" fan control doesn't do a darn thing.. Unless it's the fans on the rads..

Rig specs in sig, or:

D-Tek Fusion AM2 WB @ 1/2"
Full 4870 WB @ 1/2"
Swiftech Pump w XSPC Rez and top
Dual MCR220 Rads w 2 fans each.. -One for CPU, one for GPU..

GPU is mildly OC'd... But those temps are a bit hotter than I expected. My Rosewill Air cooler kept the CPU at the same temps...

It's idling @ 45* CPU and 39* GPU for now... Pump is running 4500 RPM (FAN1 in HW Monitor)

ssii.png
ss1y.png

nah.. they're good.. a slight smear of arctic 5 CPU paste and the supplied paste for the GPU.. The CPU block is tightened to the limiters or a red HAIR before it.. I don't want to warp the board.

This setup actually pulls air out of the system.. I was impressed.. My buddy and I blead it down the best we could, and fired it up.. It pulled the rest of the air out over a period of about 10 minutes run time.. The sys isn't that old, and hasn't had skads of run time, due to my PC problems so far this year. I think I may just need better fans.. the case and rads sit about 4" from the wall, I think that may be some of it.. But I can't pull my case over any further. -Wire lengths and the crammed desktop..

I'd imagine it would flow the same, it's a 1000w PSU and will only pull as much as it needs as far as amperage. The initial amperage spike is on startup.. I told him I was doing dual rads.. Both the CPU and GPU are hot... Why would I run hot fluid from the CPU to the GPU??

LOL... Cripes it's warm in here!! This thing really warms this room up tho!! Not too too good seeing as it's 85 out.. even at midnight!

The DDC can handle 2 rads alright. Yes, it's not an ideal setup, and a single larger rad might perform better.

However, your gpu temps seem just about normal but your cpu seems like it's running a bit hot.

I would pick up some TX-2/MX-2 and replace the thermal paste on both blocks. Hopefully that and a remount will solve your problems. When you do take the blocks off, check and make sure both are making good contact with the cores and that there isn't too much thermal paste slowing heat transfer.

Ah ok...

But could someone please explain to me how to run a single rad with a CPU and a GPU block? I just don't see a point to run hot coolant from the CPU to the GPU block.

And as far as the paste, I just do a very light smear across the cpu... Just enough to cover the silver-ish look. just until it's evenly distributed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom