P45 chipset getting hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
i think my overclocking has hit a wall. and it has to do with temps on the northbridge. when i do 490fsb my pc is stable and every thing for like a few 3dmark runs along with super pi. but i have felt my nb and it is scorching hot, i cant even touch it because it is so hot. like if i lick my finger and touch it the heat will boil it away. my pc seems stable at 490fsb but with the nb running as hot as it is i am afraid to run it like this much longer, i have a pic to show what it looks like. any body got any good chipset cooler recommendation?

Man I thought MSI had a crappy chipset design for there Nvidia boards, um rig a decent fan to it for now, I have no ideas of what to recomend for a chipset as I have always had luck just slapping a cheapo fan on top of the heatsink.

hmm, looks ^ a little plain. fanless? and this stock cooler really sucks. any body know the highest temps this thing can sustain?

I always have a fan running over NB and ram although it looks like it would disturb the flow for you cpu. P45's are suppose to run cool. I also always replace stock TIM w/ as5 on my NB and SB. My x38 decreased 7c after a reseat and TIM. I can't tell from the pic but, is there anyother airflow in the case? You could always zip tie a fan in the 5.25 bay area to push air across the ram and NB. That way it wouldn't create any turbulence in your airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom