p4 3.2 oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroordie

In Runtime
I just started ocing my processor and i'd like to know if its ok to do so on stock cooling? temps after 2-3 hours gaming in hi res are around 50 and around 45 idle.
my multiplier is 16 so does that mean i dont have to raise the 200 (whatever that is) alot?
thx for ur help :)

Those temperatures are alright, but before overclocking I'd strongly reccomend better cooling. Most likely the multiplier is locked so you can't increase it. The 200 is the FSB. Increase that to overclock.

Yes you can OC on stock cooling. You just have to monitor your temps (as you have been doing). Those are pretty good temps for an OC's CPU.

You should be able to get a bit of an OC on stock cooling. I would try to keep it at 60c or below at full load.

The 200 is the fsb. Just increase it in small increments, keeping in mind that eack 1MHz change is 16MHz change for the processor, so at 215 you will be above 3.4GHz. Also keep in mind that this will also be OCing your RAM. You may need to use a multipler on the RAM to get higher speeds from your CPU, but I would recommend just going as far as you can at 1:1.

You RAM is also linked to the fsb, so when you increase the fsb, the RAM frequency is also increased.

what voltage would you recommend if i put my fsb to 215 instead of 200?
and what's prime95, how does it work and where can i get it?

zeroordie said:
what voltage would you recommend if i put my fsb to 215 instead of 200?
and what's prime95, how does it work and where can i get it?

I would not touch the voltage until you get stability issues. I get my 2.8 to 3.6ghz without touching the voltage.

I see your sig says this:

MSI GeForce 6600 OC - PCI X

You realize PCI-X and PCI-E are two completely different things right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom