P4 2.8ghz, safe OC with stock heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello all, using stock cooling and having a case with multiple fans and good air flow, would OC'g a 2.8ghz to around 3.2ghz seem pretty solid? Just looking to get a little more out of the CPU.

Well it all depends on what your temps are now and what thermal paste you're using. You could probably get it up there.

ive got mine at 2.65 from 2.4 with stock fan/heatsink and thats it so im sure u could get urs up there with some as5

How on Earth does the XPS get the Pentium Extreme Edition up to 4.3? I don't think the XPS is watercooled either.

its at 3.7 ghz a 600mhz increase on an intel cpu is not that hard most of those chips are hitting 4.3 easy

That have a heatsinks about the size of the scythe ninja, i thinks its actually a little bigger.

Yeah, they have a huge heatsink on it and then they box it in with plastic to contain the heat. The plastic box enclosing the processor connects to the exhaust fan in the back shooting all the heat from that processor directly out.
So much for the heat from the 4 gpu's and other components. I don't think those incredibly small fans at the bottom of the case are going to cut it.

they must have research on overheating if i was stupid enough to buy one i would be worried about dust collecting and raising temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom