P-Rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
Yeah, you should try bumping up your core now and see if it'll go further :D

Dunno what the deal is, I would think that 600 would be 3x but according to that 600 would be equal to 2x =/...but I don't think it matters since I'm pretty sure 3x would put you pretty close to 800 anyways and you'd have to lower it again anyways

Can't bump it up any more,My FSB max's @ 280 and i'm @ 275 already plus my board has no v-core adjustment :(

I kind of goofed up and wrote the wrong speed in the other post,I actually set it to 400,600 took me a bit over the 800mhz mark.

I'm actually thinking of dumping this sempron and getting another,This one dosen't have 64bit and only has 128kb cache plus it only has a multi of 8x,If i go with one that has 256kb cache then i'll get one that has a multi of 10x :D

I find it odd that socket 754 sempron is getting 3800+ at 2.2GHz with 128kb of L2 Cache and my socket 939 venice at 2.4GHz with 512kb L2 cache is running at the same P-Rating.

I wonder if I set my HTT up higher, but lower the multi, still resulting in 2.4GHz or even less, if it'll give a higher P-Rating.

Somethings tells me that's what the deal is. My HTT is at 240 while yours is at 275 and it's giving ours the same score regardless of higher clock frequency and stuff like that

oc9vm.jpg

4600+, i've now got this thing stable at below stock voltage at 2.4ghz :O talk about burned in. running at 1.325v. i thought of trying low voltage because its summer round here and its **** hot. didnt expect it to be that stable

Nubius said:
I find it odd that socket 754 sempron is getting 3800+ at 2.2GHz with 128kb of L2 Cache and my socket 939 venice at 2.4GHz with 512kb L2 cache is running at the same P-Rating.

I wonder if I set my HTT up higher, but lower the multi, still resulting in 2.4GHz or even less, if it'll give a higher P-Rating.

Somethings tells me that's what the deal is. My HTT is at 240 while yours is at 275 and it's giving ours the same score regardless of higher clock frequency and stuff like that

I hate to be an echo, but I couldn't agree more. Your processor is his, plus cache, and memory bandwidth... There's no reason you should be behind him specs-wise.

Ryan

I find it odd that i'm only getting 3400+ :( And I am hitting the same problem as him with HTT, mine starts maxing at 275-280 no matter what the multi is...

I'm actually thinking of dumping this sempron and getting another,This one dosen't have 64bit and only has 128kb cache plus it only has a multi of 8x,If i go with one that has 256kb cache then i'll get one that has a multi of 10x
Would be better to opt to get a better board IMO as that chip still has some potential left...you could get a DFI 250GB which would put you in a really good position but it seems kind of redundant IMO to buy another AGP board

Good socket939 system is becoming really affordable now and would be something to consider if you could spare maybe $500CDN or so...basically every single Opteron seems to clocking to at least 2.6GHz easily and then you could pair it with a nf4-d and a 6600GT and if you have leftover cash I would opt to get some better RAM...that would give you a noticable increase over your current system and give you tons of flexibility for additions plus you're getting really good overclocking potential

Cause it's a sempron BAKA...that P-rating isn't going to be on the same level as yours considering the 3800+ in his case would in contrast with a Celeron at 3.8 and your 3800+ is in contrast to a P4

That's also why my CBID doesn't even gimme a P-rating, I got an Opteron which has never been gauged with the Xeon or even the P4 for a number of reasons...it's a bit confusing but the two 3800s aren't equal scales

Ditching a Sempron for a Sempron64 is meh...you aren't gonna feel the difference IMO and they'll both clock about the same I'd say...your motherboard is what's holding you back the most especially with no vcore adjustment

gaara said:
Would be better to opt to get a better board IMO as that chip still has some potential left...you could get a DFI 250GB which would put you in a really good position but it seems kind of redundant IMO to buy another AGP board.

I was talking with the old lady today and it look's like i'll be getting a new board and vid card :D I have my eye on the DFI NF4X Infinity and a cheap 6600 to go with it,I know it's still a 754 board but atleast it's pci-e,I would love to be able to spend around $500 or so for a 939 setup but that's not an option :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom