Overheating Motherboard ?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
Hey
Well i've recently decided to overclock my CPU a bit more. But while doing this i've noticed alarmingly high motherboard tempretures. I get a max of 54 Degrees C when at full load! The CPU temps are way lower at 36 degrees C. From what other peoples motherboard temps are this looks waaay too high.
I have a A8R-MVP motherboard.
Silverstone Strider 560W PSU.
Thermaltake Big Typhoon CPU cooler.
Antec P180 Case
3 X 120mm Case Fans
Don't think ur'll need anymore specs. Do you think its the northbridge overheating ?
Should i buy a better northbridge cooler ?

Thanks

Well its good to know that i haven't permemently damaged it but i've definatly found that the northbridge is the reason i can't get a better overclock.
The chipset is "ATI Radeon Xpress 200 CrossFire".
Southbridge is "ULi M1575 South Bridge"
Last night i put the RAM timings too high and had to reset the CMOS by taking the battery out. As i was doing this i checked to see what was the problem with the overheating motherboard. It was deffinatly the northbridge. It was the hottest thing in the computer. I think the problem is that the P180 case doesn't have any venaltation holes at the back of the motherboard so it doesn't get cooled enough. Its ok with mild overclocking but any ferther and the northbridge just gets too hot. So i've gotta get a better northbridge cooler. At the moment its just got a small heatsink and nothing else.

So my next question is what northbridge coolers the best. I don't wanna be paying too much but i don't want it to be really loud or not too effective.

****, sorry I can't find that cooler anymore, it looked like a VF700 or VF900 but it was for the northbridge ant not VGA.. if I find it again i'll give you a link :/.

-Jo.

Well i'm pritty sure cause i check across the whole of the motherboard and found that nothing was at all as hot as the northbridge. Yea i'll check those ones out thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom