Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
just get an exahust that will most likely help, and also one of those PCI slot exahust fans are good too.

You can buy fans at almost any electronic stores. I suggest looking at CompUsa or Frys first, and if you can't find a cooling fan/fan system for a reasonable price (under 50 dollars) then try to buy it online.

The only sites I would reccomend is TigerDirect, NewEgg, and Amazon.

ok i just bought a 3 inch brushless 12 vdc cooling fan from radio shack and i do not know where to install it at and how to install it

Since you have a store bought computer(bleh), then there should only be one spot where you can put a fan and that ist he outlet.

Open up your case, and look for those holes next to where you plug things into your motherboard(keybaord etc), The wholes are formed in a shape where you can just bolt on a fan, in this case you will want the fan to suck out the hot air.

How exactly do you know your computer is overheating? Stock systems should not overheat, check for dust that might have clogged up.

Something stated 3 posts up would be a good idea if your system still overheats, if all else fails, move your computer to a new case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom