Overformatting your hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

360Man

Baseband Member
I recall reading how it was possible on some hard drives to over format them. Meaning some lower sized hard drives were actually larger ones but with some bad sectors etc locked out and you could unlock that area and possible get a lot more space out of the drive.

I have some older drives I would be willing to experiment with if anyone knows anything about this.

yea there was a post about this about a week ago. The conclusion on that thread was probably not. search about a week back and it may give you some answers.

Seagate is the #1 drive I use in all my builds. Not only are their HDD's quality, but their customer support is fantastic. I had a problem with a SATA 250GIG barracuda, I couldn't get windows installed on it after format. After going through endless troubleshooting, yes the SATA drivers were installed, I called seagate. They granted me an RMA and I sent it 2 day shipping. They sent me back a brand new drive also with 2 day shipping. They also sent me a huge catelog with all of their products and 3 different "Seagate Disc Tools" CD's.

They also send me a regular mailing on new products and promotions that they are offering. Which doesn't seem like much, but I like the fact that they continue to try to build relationships with their customers.

Basically, they have won my loyalty. Great Products, Quick and painless customer support and they have great disc tools.
Why go with anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom