Overclockining Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you said the LDT voltage or the chipset voltage doesnt help in stabilizing an overclock?

In my experience, chipset voltage does nothing. But if you are using an LDT over 1000, the LDT voltage can help (you only need to adjust it if the PC in unstable).

How bout some questions to help people having issues with ram:

How do you ensure that your ram is running full speed in dual channel?
My A: Make sure that CPC is set to "Enabled" to be sure you are running in 1T mode, follow your MOBO instructions to be sure you have your ram in the correct slots for dual channel, then check with CPU-Z or Everest to verify, make sure that you have a memory divider of 1:1.

How do you make 4 sticks of ram work in a MOBO that doesn't support really support it?
My A: Set CPC to Disable to run in 2T mode, or downclock your memory speed or both.

If I get bored i'll make up more Q's for ya

Edit: Another good one is: How do you OC your CPU higher if you have cheap ram?
My A: Set a memory divider such as 9:10 or 5:6 or loosen memory timings or increase ram voltage or a combination.

I thought you said the LDT voltage or the chipset voltage doesnt help in stabilizing an overclock?
If you have CPU with a lower multiplier and are aiming for high overclocks which involve setting your HTT to 280 and upwards it is from my experiencing that increasing LDT voltage helps sustain higher HTT speeds and in turn keeps you a bit more headroom and flexibility that vcore would otherwise not fix...LDT voltage is also a must if you plan on running a high 1:1 HTT/RAM ratio

Chipset voltage is a must if you are overclocking your memory, particularily BH-5 modules and getting higher frequencies with slightly tighter timings...although TCCD and other ICs will benefit from a bit more voltage running through your chipset

Suggested settings if you plan to get the most out of your overclock IMO:

LDT @ 1.4v
Chipset @ 1.7v

And this isn't just from my own experience, when I was consulting OCZ tech support about tweaking my Rev2s they were all in agreeance in regards to increasing the two in order to sustain high frequencies with better latency overall...I'll be demonstrating this myself shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom