Overclocking XMS Pro XL 2.2.2.5's

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley73

Baseband Member
can any of you guy's help me figure out how to o/c my ram... ive been reading all the stickys, looking at programs to work out dividers ect,

but it's still really confusing : /

been doing some clocking on the cpu, getting 3+ Ghz, but after trying several combination's (gpu standard, o/c'd, cpu standard, o/c'd) the ram is where the speed is at for gameplay ect.

my p.c actually seems to slow down a little at 3Ghz+.

by increasing the fsb (basic overclock) to 215, the cpu hits 2.8 and the ram, 215 (430).

if i increase the fsb anymore, the mhz of the ram drops to 160mhz. this is were a multipler sets in i guess, but i have no idea how or where to add it.

tried 10x multi (cpu) instead of 13x, but at 3Ghz, the mem just creeps back to 200mhz 2.2.2.5

i'd ideally like to get the p.c to 3Ghz with the mem around 460/480/500mhz with slightly relaxed timings, or get the mem as high as possible on 2.2.2.5, 215 is as high as it will go at present.

there is a setting in bios/mem to adjust the ram frequency.. 100mhz, 133, 166 but if i adjust this (133).. the system just locks up.

could anyone explain in noob terms what i should be looking at, adjusting plz.

fsb 300, cpu 3000, ram 200mhz, 2.2.2.5.

2.8Gig cpu, 215mhz ram out performs (frames ps) eather the oc,d (3.1Ghz) cpu, or o.c'd gpu 570/1.5, or both together!

cheers, al

p.s system spec's below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom