Overclocking XFX GeForce 7600GS 256MB PCIe

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Overclocking, ATiTool is the easiest. Just move the sliders up/down, and ten when you clock it up fairly higher than what it was stock, there's a built-in artifact tester.

They're pretty similar. Only thing RivaTuner has over ATiTool, IMO, is that it can control GPU fan speeds; but that won't really matter much for you, since you put PSU-powered fans on it xD. So ATiTool should suit you just fine =).

i've got an accelero s1 and a scythe s-flex 120 zip tie modded on my 3850 :D coolest card ever, running at 32 C now :D and yeh, fan mods are the best :D

would 1 80mm fan fit on your 7600GS though?

Just go for whatever dissipates the most air. cubic metres/second? or something. I think I worked out that this combo worked for me, rather than one bigger fan. Noise, size, air dissipation are the factors to balance.

I've just remembered there is a limit to how much I can increase my GPU by due to my chipset cooling being crap. What cooling (<$80 preferably: <$50) could I get for my chipset?

Thanks carnageX

edit: ^lol i tried to type cubic metres per second by it all because asterisks.

Lol, my motherboard crapped out on me... It's been gone for 3 weeks =\. I called 'em Thursday night/they said it was at the shipping department, so I may get it back sometime this week...

Lol, I was on the 7600GS for a while, but I remembered I had my spare 8800GTS 320 in the box, put a way. So I swapped out the GS for my GTS, lol.

My mobo became unstable a few weeks ago too! I just replaced it.

Got me the 8800GT from MSI now. Not really sure what to do with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom