Overclocking Tools - Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

burdenofproof

Solid State Member
I'm looking for a concise list of software tools that someone would need to get started. I have yet to venture into the realm of OC'ing and feel like my PC experience could be better with some expertise in this area.

Those of you that are veterans, would you mind posting some of the applications you're using to tweak setting to improve performance? I'm looking to learn and don't know where to start. I've been reading through the stickies and have found great representation of people that have overclocked their systems but I can't seem to find a very good how to guide...

Thanks in advance!

- BoP

The only software you might ned would be for overclocking a GFX card. Overclocking the CPU is bst done through the BIOS.

Are there any tools that can be used to monitor system health while attempting to overclock? ie cpu temp, etc.

Core temp 0.96

Newest Prime95 and or stresscpu2 for stress testing.

Intel thermal analysis tool is another good one. (TAT)
CPUZ for information and overclock verification.

There's also GPU-Z and Everest for general info. I use Orthos and Prime95 for stress testing, but SuperPi is also recommended. ATITool or Rivatuner are recommended to OC your GPU. And of course, after you're doing OC'ing and done stress testing for at least 8 hours...there's always 3DMark06 to benchmark your system against others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom