Overclocking thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustumb

Baseband Member
Hey just wondering if overclocking is really safe for a AMD X2 64 3800+ CPU and a MS 7191 MOBO with a X1300 256MB ATI Vid Card.... just wondering if the worst case scenario happens can i easily recover my pc to its old condition?? thanks

Please don't post the same question in different threads. I already answered to your previous thread about this. Actually you should of posted here first, in the overclocking section.

huh lol what the last 2 guys said im very UNfond of overclocking now but i really want more performance sooo lol please some good thoughts about it?!?!? and sorry i posted at 2 different places i thought after that this place would be better suited for it just confusion :D although im just wondering what are the chances of complete component failure to having a really good OCing session and everything works well forever :D

Its pretty hard to destroy a computer by overclocking, its safe as long as you dont do anything stupid..

if your goin to oc and u dont want to **** up ur system them just kept oc little amounts at a time running pc stability tests for bout 12 hours to make sure it will work.

if your goin to oc and u dont want to **** up ur system them just kept oc little amounts at a time running pc stability tests for bout 12 hours to make sure it will work.

Ok so i have a AMD X2 64 3800+ How much and how should i overclock it i just want it really stable and be abit better performance like i really wouldnt want any sudden shutdowns or anything like that! :D thanks

Like baron5 said, take it slow when raising the FSB to OC the CPU. Do it in, increments of 5-10MHz, and then check for stability each time. Use programs like Prime95 or Orthos to stress for stability. A good run for stability is 8-24 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom