overclocking an SLI setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i'm a hypocrite. i'm running SLI. oh well it's not that bad :D. i picked up my second 7900GS for $60AU. the thing is i was under the impression overclocking in SLI would scale similarly in performance to overclocking a single card. yet overclocking the pair from 450/660 to 560/750 yielded only a 300 point increase in 3DMark06. is this to be expected or does anyone think something else is at play here? *gasp* could it be a bottleneck :amazed:?

edit: as a side note i can't get Rainbow Six Vegas to start any more. does anyone know if that's SLI related. i didn't have R6V installed on this fairly fresh install of windows until i went SLI yesterday so i can't be sure it's not software.

Can't really answer the SLI OC question, but with the R6V issue, try uninstalling and re-installing (and patching if needed)...

I had an issue with Battlefield 2 this weekend. Had the base game installed, and all was well, it was patched at 1.41. After installing Special Forces add-on, the base game was fine, and would play both single & multiplayer fine, but the SF game would only play single player game. When I would click JOIN to connect to an online server, it would crash to desktop.... Fixt by uninstalling BOTH the base game & SF....

Sorry, tangent.... mildly related I guess.... .:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom